1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a high near 43 degrees and a low around 31, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Health fair: Bunker Hill Community College will host a Health Fair today from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4-7 p.m. at the Charlestown campus’ G building lobby. The public can enjoy exercise classes, free blood pressure screenings, fitness center tours, student displays, free samples and more. A free yoga class will be offered from 1-2 p.m.
3. Church speaker: Monsignor Liam Bergin, Sacramental Theologian from Boston College, will speak about the Eucharist tonight at 7 p.m. at St. Mary-St. Catherine of Siena Chapel, part of the church’s Year of Faith series. Light refreshments will follow the event.
4. Boston Fire ornament: The Boston Firefighters Burn Foundation’s 2012 Christmas Ornament is available at the St. Francis de Sales Rectory and at all weekend masses for a $15 offering. Proceeds from the purchase of these ornaments support the Boston firefighters’ efforts to help children who have suffered terrible burns from fire. In addition, the St. Francis de Sales Social Club is selling a commemorative 14 oz. mug. featuring the Celtic Cross located in St. Francis de Sales Cemetery ($12).
5. Battle history: Visit the USS Constitution Museum in the Charlestown Navy Yard and explore a special exhibition of artifacts and images from the Constitution's battle with HMS Java on Dec. 29, 1812. Experience the battle and its bloody aftermath with the video, "Honors of War," playing in the Figgie Theater. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”