1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a light wind, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy. High: 47, Low: 31.
2. You and Me, Baby: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library is offering a story, rhyme and bounce time for children under 2 years old accompanied by an adult on Wednesdays at 10:45 a.m. The free program will be held on Jan. 9, 16, 23 and 30 and Feb. 6 and 13.
3. Mystic Lofts update: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Development Committee will hold an abutter information meeting to inform neighbors and abutters about the continuing construction work at the Mystic Lofts Project (formerly the Nancy Sales Building), 267-281 Medford St. today at 6 p.m. The meeting will be held at the 100 Ferrin Street Senior Center Community Room.
4. Health services: MGH Charlestown Healthcare Center offers a free monthly support group for people living with diabetes. All are welcome; please call ahead to confirm, 617–724–8202. This group meets at 1 p.m. in the center's lower level conference room. MGH Charlestown also offers free blood pressure screenings on the second Wednesday of the month. Come to the basement conference room at 73 High St.
5. Job search help: Neighbors Helping Neighbors, a free, peer-led volunteer job search networking and support group, meets today at 7 p.m. at Boston Public Library’s Central Library in Copley Square, 700 Boylston St. The group is open to anyone in career transition including unemployed and underemployed individuals, recent graduates, people re-entering the job market, small business owners and anyone looking for internship positions. Meet in the Kirstein Business Library.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."