The silence is over.
Petco, the firm that for weeks to confirm that it planned to open a location in the Bunker Hill Mall, sent us a press release this week announcing that the Charlestown Unleashed by Petco will open on August 24.
The Unleashed store, which is a pared-down version of the firm’s normal big-box format, will be the chain’s seventh in the Boston area and the eighth in Massachusetts.
According to the release, the store will offer a “wide-variety of high quality food options, including natural, organic and raw food selections.“
“Some of these food selections and gourmet treats can be seen and sampled at the Pet Deli,” the release said.
Charlestown Patch asked a spokesperson for details on what kinds of products the location would carry, but did not receive a response by the end of the business day. The store will not, however, sell pets of any kind.
The store will also organize gatherings, “including multiple adoption events aiming to unite Boston area shelter pets with their forever homes.”
The store will celebrate its grand opening “with pet-centric festivities” Aug. 24–26.
Charlestown Unleashed by Petco grand opening activities include:
- Free samples of dog treats and “in season” food from the pet bakery.
- Free totes for all guests Saturday and Sunday who make a purchase.
- Free $10 Gift Cards for the first 50 guests who sign up to receive special offers on Saturday and Sunday.
- Spoil your buddy to dog-friendly treats with free doggie ice cream from 11am-3pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- All guests who make a purchase receive a one-pound bag of treats from the treat bar free on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pet adoptions so potential pet parents can meet pets of all types looking for forever homes.
- Opportunities for local pets and pet parents to meet.