1. Today's forecast: A cool, gray fall day as it will generally cloudy with a slight chance of a rain shower. The high is expected to reach 64 degrees.
2. Head over to Crate Escape, Charlestown's premier dog-care provider that provides a 17,000 square feet play space at 200 Terminal St., where the owners are donating 30 percent of all sales today to the USS Constitution Museum, the non-profit museum located in the closed Boston National Historical Park, a federal property that is now closed. The museum is losing $7,000 a day in donations while the government is shutdown.
3. Come join the staff and student mentors at the Charlestown branch of the Boston Public Library, 179 Main St., as they lead children in creating with Lego and Duplo blocks. The fun runs from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
4. Healthy Eating Specialist Hannah Grenier will be leading this week's Healthy Eating classes at Whole Foods Market (51 Austin St.) at 6 p.m. The subject tonight will be Pumpkinpalooza. For more information you can email Hannah here.
5. On this day in 1962, the Cuban missile crisis between the United States and the former Soviet Union begins when President Kennedy is shown photographs of missile sites in Cuba.