1. Mostly sunny: Wednesday, Aug. 14 will
be mostly sunny with a high near 79 and a low around 57, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Meet the candidates: BNN-TV's "Charlestown Live" will sponsor the first in a series of three Town Hall meetings on Wednesday, Aug. 14 with candidates for the Boston City Council at-large race. The event will take place at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 545 Medford St., starting with a social hour from 6-7 p.m., with the meeting to start at 7 p.m. The community is welcome to attend.
3. Farmers market: The Kennedy Center's Charlestown Farmer’s Market is open Wednesdays from 2 p.m. to dusk through the end of October. Located on Main Street, near the Hubway rack and right in front of the Bunker Hill Mall, the Charlestown Farmers Market features produce and meat products sold by Stillman's Farm and a few other vendors.
4. Blood pressure screening: MGH Charlestown offers free blood pressure screenings on the second Wednesday of the month. Come to the basement conference room at 73 High St.
5. Old School Girls Scholarships: The Old School Girls are offering scholarships for female children of Old School Girls members, who currently live in Charlestown. Applications are due Sept. 4 and are available by calling Carolyn (Wrenn) Shannon at 781-249-1790 or Lisa (McGoff) Collins at 857-389-6412.