Invite a friend
Crochet Group for Seniors
Join other seniors who enjoy crocheting in this weekly group hosted by the Golden Age Senior Center.
More About Golden Age Senior Center
The Golden Age Senior Center is one of the most robust and highly trafficked senior centers in the City of Boston. Its program supervisor, Beverly Gibbons, has been organizing and managing daily activities there for 25 years.
When the center opens each weekday at 9 a.m., there's often already a crowd of members waiting to come in. During the day, seniors have free time to chat, play cards or work on other projects. There are also organized bingo games, art classes, speakers series and overnight trips. Everything offered through the center is free or at minimum cost to residents.
Golden Age is managed by the Charlestown Community Center, which is part of the Boston Centers for Youth and Families.
Other events here
- Hot Lunch for Seniors Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 12:00 pm
- Bingo Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 12:30 pm
- Pokeno at the Senior Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:00 pm
- Ceramics Group for Seniors Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 9:00 am
- Liquid Embroidery Class for Seniors Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am
- Walking Club for Seniors Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:15 am