My sister, Devin is going to Vegas and then camping soon. She asked me to come up with a plan for in between her two "EPIC" trips (that's her language, not mine). For a simple and quick mini detox, I believe she has two days in between trips; this is what I recommend...
Mini Detox Plan:
1. Scrape your tongue to stimulate the organs and to get rid of the bacteria build up from sleeping.
2. Drink warm water 12-16 ounces with a full lemon first thing in the morning. Sip it, do not chug. Sprinkle in turmeric for an extra boost for your digestive track.
2. Neti pot- once in the morning. Afterwards, use sesame oil (in the beauty section in whole foods)... It will prevent you from getting sick/remove anything that might be starting to build up in your sinuses.
3. Practice yoga focusing on twists to give your organs a little boost and to help rid the body of extra waste.
4. Fresh Juice with veggies and fruit. I ordered Joos (a Boston company) and had a really good experience with their freshly made juices. Have one in the morning and one at dinner.
5. Eat vegan, easy to digest meals (nondairy and vegetarian), Ex: sushi with brown rice, quinoa, lots of veggies with high water content, hummus, beans, kale chips, fruit. Example snack: larabars
Have as much fresh, clean food as possible and sleep at least 8 hours. Drink tons of water. You will feel detoxed, reenergized, healthy, and probably shed a few lbs!
What do you think of my detox plan? Is it what you do on a regular basis or does it sound extreme?