Would Charlestown Pass the Casino Bill?
Take a moment to weigh in on our poll, plus four more things to know today.
Today is Friday, Sept. 16. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. So how do you feel about the casino bill that just passed the House? We're taking a poll here on Patch. If you can spare a second, please weigh in. (It takes exactly one click to answer.)
2. Please don't forget that the 3rd Annual Charlestown Vigil is happening on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. in Hayes Square. Come out and support your neighbors who have lost loved ones to addiction.
3. There's another somber event worth your time on Sunday, too. There will be a re-dedication of the Irish cemetery behind St. Francis de Sales at 11 a.m. You can read about the sad tale behind this historic spot in Kathy Giordano's column this week.
4. So .. Charlestown is kind of in celebrity overdrive this wee. Kevin Bacon, Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds weren't enough. Michael Moore also popped in. And now the folks at Zelma Lacey want in on the action: they're hosting the Rockettes (seriously) today. Well, just two of the Rockettes. What's the occassion? The Zelma Lacey House Annual Apple Festival.
5. Today's forecast: Autumn. Sunny with a high of 63.
Have a great weekend!
For more info on what's happening around the neighborhood, check out our events calendar.