Polls Are Open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Today Boston voters will choose four candidates for at-large city council seats.
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 8. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Polls are open! Today's a municipal election day. Don't forget to cast your vote for at-large city councilor. For more info on where to vote, candidates and other details, take a look at Patch's Voting Guide.
2. Help your neighbors make this an historic turnout. You've probably seen the banner on Austin Street. Maybe you've seen a few folks standing at intersections with signs. The point is, Vote Charlestown -- a non-partisan initiative to get more people in the community to the polls -- is hoping for a big ballot rush today. Why? Because if Charlestown can make a decent showing at this (and all) elections, politicians might understand it's a bloc worth paying attention to.
3. Don't forget: Tonight's the open house at Warren Prescott. Meet the new principal, Michele Davis, get a look inside the new building and hear about the unique programs offered at the school. Event starts at 6 p.m. You can find more details here.
4. Maybe you want to rub elbows with other folks in the city who care about Boston's youth and families? Check out the web site for HubNob -- an annual event for BCYF, hosted by the mayor. (HubNob is *this* Thursday at the House of Blues.)
5. Today's forecast: A glorious Election Day. Mostly sunny with a high near 70.