Police Log: Officers Charge Three With Assault
Crime in Charlestown for the week of March 12-18
On Saturday, March 11, officers responded to an assault and battery that had occurred at an O’Reilly Way apartment. The victim at the apartment was “visibly shaking and very upset” when officers arrived. He told police that Fidel Lledin entered the apartment around 11:45 p.m., intoxicated and upset about a personal problem. The victim reported that Lledin then attacked, punching him several times in the face and back of the head, throwing him to the ground and kicking him. Lledin was charged with assault and batter and destruction of personal property. The victim was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital for further evaluation.
On Sunday, March 12, officers responded to a McNulty Court residence for a report of a past assault and battery. Upon arrival, officers heard the suspect banging on the victim’s front door. The victim then identified the suspect, Luis Santiago of 33 McNulty Court, of slapping her, pushing her to the ground and taking her television. The suspect told police that he hadn’t committed the crime, adding “I’m 191 pounds. If I hit that girl, I would have hurt her.
On Thursday, March 15, officers arrested Robert Powers of 102 Pearl Street and charged him with assault and battery on a pregnant person. Powers ex-girlfriend told police that Powers pushed her while she was picking up some belongings. She was offered medical attention, but said she did not need it.
Sunday, March 12
- Officers responded to a report of a theft of more than $200 worth of valuables from a Dexter Court residence.
- Members of the Boston Police Drug Control Unit arrested Susan Hassan of 8 Pearl Street in Medford, Justin McDonald of 38 Grant Street in Somerville and Gardy Ferdinand of 7 Pearl Street in Somerville and cited them with charges relating to drug possession.
Monday, March 13
- Members of the Boston Police Drug Control Unit working at 5 Austin Street arrested Adrienne Pacitti of 28 Seaver Street in Dorchester and Arthur Rashovetsky of 1683 Comm Ave in Brighton and cited them with charges relating to drug possession.
Thursday, March 15
- A victim reported that someone stole the victim’s car from a Bunker Hill Street address.
Friday, March 16
- Officers arrested Christine Anne Copithorn of 20 Dunstable St. on a warrant.
- Officers arrested Niko Stafford, of 55 Alpine St. Apt. 2 and charged him with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute it.
Saturday, March 17
- A 13th Street resident reported that someone forcibly broke into the resident’s home around 11:50 p.m. the previous night.
- Officers responded to report that someone needed medical attention following an unarmed attack on Bunker Hill Street.
- Officers responded to a report of possession of a class A substance on Cambridge Street.
- Officers arrested Robert Turesky, of 18 Williams St. in Andover, and charged him with possession of a class E substance with the intent to distribute it.