Police Log: Officers Charge Heroin Possession on 1st Ave
Notable police log entries from June 19-21
On Tuesday, June 19, around 5:10 p.m., officers observed a man acting strangely on 1st Avenue. After seeing him cross the street several times and enter a couple of buildings, officers followed him into one. They found him in a bathroom, using a handicapped stall with a baby-changing table inside. After knocking on the door, officers saw what they believed to be hypodermic needles and heroin. The suspect said he “might have a needle” and admitted to having drugs in his pocket. As a result of the incident, they charged Mark Riggio of 26 Dustin Road in Wilmington with possession of a class A substance.
Other notable entries:
Tuesday, June 19
- Police arrested Robert Krol after he allegedly robbed the Cooperative Bank on Main Street and was tackled in the parking lot by a bystander.
- Officers responded to a report of an assault and battery around 7 p.m. on Tibbetts Town Way.
- A victim on Tremont Street reported that someone broke in the front basement door of the building she lives in.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Officers responded to the Tedeschi on Main Street where the female associate of an alleged shoplifter allegedly spat on a security guard and threatened his life.
Thursday, June 21
- A victim parked on Harvard Place reported that someone smashed the back window of his vehicle.
- The Tedeschi on Main Street reported that someone stole less than $50 worth of valuables from the store.