Police Log: Local Man Scares Off Car Thief
With notable entries for Feb. 13-20.
On Wednesday, Feb. 15, a man on Bunker Hill Street scared off a man who appeared to be trying to steal his brother’s car. The victim told police that he looked outside to see an unknown man enter his brother’s vehicle. He then ran outside, toward the vehicle. When he reached it, the man inside locked the driver’s side door and escaped through the passenger-side door. The victim said that nothing was missing from the vehicle and it had not been damaged.
On Monday, Feb. 13, officers spotted and arrested Cori Mirdik of 70 Dunstable Street in Charlestown while he was near his home. Midik had a January warrant for his arrest from Charlestown District Court charging him with assault and battery, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting arrest.
Other notable entries:
Monday, Feb. 13
- A victim on Medford Street reported that someone stole more than $200 worth of valuables from the victim’s vehicle.
Tuesday, Feb. 14
- Officers arrested Christine Copithorn of 20 Dunstable Street in Charlestown in connection with an outstanding warrant.
Thursday, Feb. 16
- Officers responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of the Medford Court accident that injured at least one person.
- A taxi driver told police that a man who he drove to Charlestown had assaulted him.
Sunday, Feb. 19
- Officers responded to a report of an assault and battery on Brighton Street. Police did not arrest anyone as a result of the incident.
- Officers responded to a report of marijuana possession on Medford Street.
- Officers responded to a report of marijuana possession on Old Landing Way.
- Officers arrested John Paul Awbrey of 118 Summer Street in Medford and charged him with assault and battery on a police officer.
- Officers recovered a motor vehicle on Lexington Street that had been stolen in Boston.
Monday, Feb. 20
- Officers responded to a report of vandalism on Harvard Street.
- Officers recovered a motor vehicle on River Street that had been stolen elsewhere in Boston.