Police Log: Cops Arrest Two After Failed Robbery
Notable events from the police log for July 6-8.
On Saturday, July 7 around 11 p.m., officers responded to a report of an attempted unarmed robbery at the Bunker Hill Mall. The victim told police that a pair of youths ran up to her and one tried to rip a bag from her possession. When the victim tried to call police, the would-be robbers tried to take her phone from her hand. Officers checked the area and arrested two people in connection with the incident—a juvenile and Ubri Mirianni of 65 O’Reilly Way.
Other notable entries:
Friday, July 6
- An employee at the Dunkin Donuts on Cambridge Street reported that someone had stolen a laptop from the premises the previous month.
- Officers responded to a report of vandalism on Greenbaum Street.
- A Green Street resident spoke to police about some valuables that had been stolen from her home at some point earlier in the year.
Saturday, July 7
- Police responded to Olives in City Square where a vandal with a brick smashed a window and a door.
- Police responded to a report of vandalism on Mystic Street.
Sunday, July 8
- A driver parked on Prospect Street reported that someone stole valuables worth at least $200 from the victim’s vehicle.