Police Log: Apartment Ransacked, Needles Left Behind
Notable entries from the district A-15 Police Log for July 27-29.
On Friday, July 27, a Bunker Hill Street resident reported that someone broke the rear first-floor window of his home while he was gone and raided the place. “The apartment was ransacked, with all drawers and cupboards open and emptied of contents,” a police report said. “There was also used drug needles strewn about the apartment. The Boston Housing Association boarded up the window. The resident said he would stay somewhere else until the scene had been cleaned.
On Saturday, July 28 around 8 a.m., officers responded to a Pearl Street residence where a resident told police someone had smashed his window. The resident said he did not hear the window smash and police found no signs of attempted entry through the window.
Other notable entries:
Friday, July 27
- Officers responded to a report of vandalism on Bunker Hill Street.
- A victim parked on Rutherford Avenue reported that someone stole more than $200 worth of valuables from the victim’s vehicle.
- Officers arrested two Charlestown residents on charges related to drug activity on O’Reilly Way.
- Officers responded to a report of an assault and battery on Eden Street.
Saturday, July 28
- Officers responded to a report of vandalism at a Monument Street address.
- A victim parked on Elm Street reported that someone stole more than $200 worth of valuables from his vehicle.
- Officers responded to a report of vandalism on St. Martin Street.
Sunday, July 29
- Police responded to a report of an assault and battery on Starr King Court.