Zume's is Back Open Today
A water main break closed Zume's on Monday. Plus, meet two of Charlestown's newest residents.
Today is Tuesday, July 19. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. There's another fabulous free concert in City Square tomorrow night. The Dirty Water Band will be performing at 5:30 p.m. Bring snacks, a blanket and friends. (Rain date is Thursday, but it looks like the weather's going to cooperate.)
2. Coming soon to a bus shelter near you: An aggressive advertising campaign for the city's Text a Tip program. You can read about the campaign strategy here. And how do you text an anonymous tip? Text ‘TIP’ to CRIME (27463). You can also 1-800-494-TIPS.
3. So all that construction on Main Street? It resulted in a water main break yesterday that closed Zume's for the day. Did it affect you, or your business? Tell us in the comments here. And be sure to check out our video series -- what your neighbors are saying about the construction.
4. Speaking of neighbors -- There are two new ones in Charlestown: One-month old twins, Olivia and JJ. Their mom Suzanne posted an announcement -- and a seriously adorable photo of them. Which reminds me, please feel free to use the announcements page on Patch. Births, graduations, weddings. It's free!
5. Today's forecast: Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning. A 20 percent chance of rain. Otherwise, mostly sunny with a high near 88.
For more info on what's happening in the neighborhood, visit our events calendar.