Last Chance to Catch an Outdoor Movie
Toy Story 3 will be screened tonight at Peter Looney Park, ending this season's summer movie nights.
Today is Wednesday, August 24. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Bring the kids, some blankets, lawn chairs and snacks and catch the last outdoor movie night in Charlestown for the season. Toy Story 3 will be screened tonight at sunset in Peter Looney Park (which used to be the Union Street Playground).
2. Have you seen this bike? It went missing from the Navy Yard this week and there's a $200 reward attached to it. I caught this on Twitter, so click here to get in touch with the sad owner.
3. The DCR extended the season for city pools, spray decks and wading areas through Labor Day "in light of late school openings and anticipated warm weather over the next several days." You can still hit up the Bunker or the wading pool in the Navy Yard for a couple more weeks.
4. The city's last Bike Friday event of the summer is scheduled for this Friday. You and your friends and neighbors can sign up to participate in a bike convoy to City Hall, where you'll be greated with a free breakfast and some giveaways. The bikes (and their riders) will take off in packs thereafter to their respective workplaces. Register for free at www.bikefridays.org. Or email: BostonBikesVolunteers@gmail.com.
5. Today's forecast: Sunny, with a high near 82. Tonight: clear with a low around 66. Great night for an outdoor movie.
For more info on what's happening around the neighborhood, check out our events calendar.