Have a Voice in the Future Health of Charlestown
Stop by the community meeting tonight to help MGH and Spaulding conduct a community health assessment for Charlestown.
Today is Thursday, Dec. 1. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. This is worth making time for tonight if you can: MGH and Spaulding are coordinating a community health assessment for Charlestown and it all kicksoff with a neighborhood-wide discussion tonight. They want to hear from *you* about what you think Charlestown needs to be a healthier place. Free childcare and dinner will be provided. Get more details here.
2. One more thing to make tame for today: The Golden Age Senior Center is opening its doors this afternoon for an art show and sale. Support the work local seniors are doing. And if you want an idea of how great this is, check out the video I made during last year's event.
3. You've got a new local editor starting today. Matt Casey is taking over for me. Please welcome him to the neighborhood and drop him a line if you need anything: email@example.com. I'll miss you!
4. Thanks to Sean Getchell for sending this my way: The Alford St Bridge in Everett (Rt 99) closure will be Saturday night from 11 p.m. into Sunday morning until noon.
5. Today's forecast: sunny, with a high near 48. North wind between 9 and 11 mph.