Five Things You Need to Know Today, Wednesday, October 3
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service says that showers likely on this cloudy, 74-degree day. The evening will be rainy as well with a low of 61.
2. Mama and Me Yoga: Come by Charlestown Yoga for classes geared towards new mothers. Class starts at 10 a.m. and the cost is $20.
3. Reading Readiness: The BPL is hosting a class for toddlers to 5 year olds focusing on reading. Come by the BPL from 3 to 3:50 p.m. to work on reading skills for your child.
4. Syria: The Struggle for Justice and Freedom: The American Islamic Congress at 38 Newbury Street is hosting a lecture on the Syrian crisis from two activists from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Free.
5. Good People: Boston University Theater presents “Good People,” from Pulitzer Prize winner David Lindsay-Abaire about life’s twists of fate. Cost is $15 to $70; the show starts at 8 p.m.