Five Things You Need to Know Today, Wednesday, October 17
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with highs in the low 60’s. The evening will cool down to the upper 40’s.
2. Beginner’s Yoga: Learn how to unite your breath with movement to create strength, flexibility, discipline, and focus while cultivating calmness in our bodies and our minds at Charlestown Yoga at 7:30 p.m.
3. Italian Heritage Month Honorees: The West End Museum is honoring current and former West Enders of Italian heritage who have contributed to preserving the culture of the West End and its rich immigrant history at 7 p.m. for free.
4. Songs and Letters of the Spanish Civil War: Boston’s Poet Laureate Sam Cornish, readers and musicians will present the tale of two young lovers and songs from the Spanish Civil War at the BPL from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m..
5. Staff Benda Bilili: Congolese rumba, Cuban swing and James Brown like funk are Staff Benda Bilili’s specialty at the ICA at 7:30 p.m.