Five Things You Need to Know Today, Wednesday, November 7
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting some ugly weather as a storm heads our way today. Temperatures will be around 44 with 17 to 25 mile per hour wind and rain. The evening will be equally as dismal with a low around 37 and 24 mile per hour winds.
2. Beginner’s Yoga: Beginners is a class devoted to new students who are interested in learning the foundations of yoga or for yogis who would like to focus on the basics of active practice. This class will concentrate on breathing techniques, postures, and alignment at Charlestown Yoga at 7:30 p.m.. Cost of admission is $16.00.
3. Towne Stove and Spirits: Head down to 900 Boylston Street for a fundraiser for CitySprouts in Boston. Enter raffles for Celtics and Sox tickets from 6 to 8 p.m..
4. Mark Chester and Twosomes at Barnes and Nobles: Mark Chester has been a photographer since 1972, His work will be on display at 660 Commonwealth Ave from 7 to 9 for free.
5. Boston's West End Moving Forward/Looking Back: There will be an opening reception and talk by West End Museum Founder, Jim Campano and Executive Director Duane Lucia at the Alumni Library, on the second floor Beatty Hall at 6 p.m..