Five Things You Need to Know Today, Tuesday, August 14
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Another Nice Day: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day tomorrow with highs near 86 degrees. The evening will cloud over with a low of 72.
2. Get your Swing on: Boston Swing Central will have an array of Lindyhop classes starting at 7 p.m. tonight.
3. Twilight Talks: From Animal House to Our House: Author Ron Tanner tells his story of buying and restoring a Victorian house that was wrecked by a notorious fraternity. His lecture will be held at 6:30 p.m. at The Otis House at 141 Cambridge St., Boston. The price of admission is $12.
4. eBook Help: The Central Branch of the Boston Public Library is hosting a lecture on eReaders. You can learn how to check out books from the BPL through OverDrive. This free class runs from 6 to 7 p.m.
5. Hedwig and the Angry Inch: Rock goddess Hedwig is back! This award winning rock musical has gained cult status to the tune of Rocky Horror and Reefer Madness. Admission is $25 at OBERON, 2 Arrow St., in Cambridge from 8 to 10 p.m.