Five Things You Need to Know Today Thursday, November 8
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a rainy day with a high near 45. The evening will be cloudy and with a low of around 38 with a 40 percent chance of rain.
2. Fair Foods 'Two Dollar-A-Bag' Groceries: 'Two Dollar - A - Bag' is an affordable and healthy foods program available in different neighborhoods of Boston. A Bag contains vegetables, fruits and assortment of other products at 55 Bunker Hill Street at 1 p.m..
3. The 24th Annual Boston Jewish Film Festival: The MFA, The Coolidge Corner Theater and WGBH presents the world’s most innovative Jewish-themed films from November 8 through November 18. General admission is $12.
4. Mystery Writers Panel: Hallie Ephron, Archer Mayor, Hank Phillippi: A panel of mystery writers will be discussing the art of mystery at the BPL at 6:30 p.m. for free.
5. Tenth Annual “Leave No One Behind” Dinner: Then tenth annual “Leave No One Behind” Dinner to Benefit the New England Center for Homeless Veterans at the Seaport Hotel from 6 to 9 p.m.. Cost of admission is $275.