Five Things You Need to Know Today, Monday, September 17
Here are five things going on in and around Boston today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 75 degrees. The evening will cool of to 57 degrees with a chance of showers.
2. Car Free Week: This week is Car Free Week. Boston joins over 1,000 cities in 40 countries across the globe in an effort to highlight the community, environmental, and quality of life benefits of reducing the number of vehicles on the road by encouraging people to walk, bike, use public transit, or carpooling.
3. ESC Boston 2012: DESIGN East is hosting an engineering-specific educational event at the Hynes Convention Center from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is $499.
4. Rock n’ Roll Story Slam: Come tell a five-minute short story about the theme of the evening at Club Passim from 6:30 to 9 p.m.. Admission is $10.
5. The Bostonians: The Boston Public Library is hosting a showing of The Bostonians, based on the Henry James novel, from 6 to 8 p.m. for free.