Five Things: What do You Thinks of Olives' Valets?
Five Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday June 13
1. Olives valet. At 7:00 PM on Monday, June 25th at the American Legion Hall, located at the corner of Adams and Chestnut Street, the Basic Services Committee of the Charlestown Neighborhood Council will hold a public hearing on the application of Olives to designate parking spaces in front of the restaurant for valet service only. Interested citizens are encouraged to attend. If you have any questions, please call committee chair Bill Galvin at 617-242-3862.
2. Free cooking class. Help prepare your lunch; receive the recipe to try at home and learn how to cook from a trained chef.
3. Boston City Council Weekly Meeting: The City Council will meet for their weekly meeting in the Ianella Chambers on the fifth floor. This meeting is open to the public and is available on Comcast Channel 51 and webcast. Meeting begins at 12:00 p.m.
4. Strawberry Dessert Festival: The Beehive is serving fresh homemade strawberry cheesecake all throughout the month of June. Local chefs will be amking strawberry-themed creations to benefit the Mass Farmers Markets. This event is going on all day and costs $8.00.
5. Free Wednesday Concert – Los Sugar Kings: The South End Free Summer Concert series presents Afro-Cuban band, Los Sugar Kings at Titus Sparrow Park. Bring picnics, blankets, and beach chairs. Weather cancelations are posted on www.titussparrowpark.org or www.facebook.com/titussparrowpark. Show starts at 6:30 p.m.