Five Things: North Bank Bridge Opens
And free coffee at Starbucks (if you happen to be near one).
1. North Bank Bridge opens. After a long wait, the North Bank Bridge connecting commuters and bicyclists from Charlestown to Cambridge, will open today. Gov. Patrick will be present at a ribbon-cutting ceremony on the Cambridge side of the bridge, and the Charlestown Mothers Association will host a small party on the Charlestown side.
2. Scorcher: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 91 degrees. The evening will cool down to 69 degrees and may cloud over.
3. If you happen to like Starbucks. I know we don't have a Starbucks in town, but if you encounter one in Downtown today, you can stop in for a free coffee.
4. Fitness Walking: Start the day on a healthy note! Meet up with friends at the Boston Langham Hotel for a group wallk around the Greenway at 7:45 a.m.. Open to all ages, and free of charge.
5. ReadBoston Story Hour on the Greenway: Come enjoy free stories for toddlers on the Greenway from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.