Five Things: New Liquor License for Koullshi?
And the Neighborhood Council meets tonight.
Today is Tuesday, June 5. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Liquor license hearing coming up. At 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20th in the community room of the Mary Colbert Apartments located at 20 Devens Street, the Basic Services Committee of the Charlestown Neighborhood Council will hold a public hearing on the application of Tangierino Lounge Inc., doing business at 73A Main Street as the Koullshi Lounge, for an all alcoholic liquor license. The lounge has a total capacity of 140 with a seating capacity of 60. It currently holds a wine and malt license at that location. All interested citizens are encouraged to attend. If you have any questions, please call committee chair Bill Galvin at 617-242-3862
2. Spauling coordination. The next Monthly coordination meeting for the new Spaulding Hospital will be held on Tuesday June 19th at 7:00 pm at the Constitution Inn.
3. The Neighborhood Council meets. The council will get together tonight for its regular monthly meeting. This will be the first time the whole body meets at the new Knights of Columbus.
4. Comment of the day. Are the MBTA's Aps a double-edged sword for the authority? One reader thinks so: "What these apps actually show are how unreliable the MBTA continues to be. They show buses waiting in Sullivan Station, never leaving on schedule."
5. Spotty showers. We could see showers at any time today. Highs in the upper 50s. Moderate winds.