Five Things: Including a Special Dog's Birthday
Here are five things going on in and around town.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high near 81. The evening will cloud over and cool off to about 65.
2. Celebrate a Hero Pup's Birthday: Guerrier, a pup named after the British ship that the USS Constitution defeated in 1812, joined the crew of Old Ironsides in 1814. When he started nipping at the sailors’ heels, jumping onto the rail and barking in a particular direction, the sailors investigated what was upsetting the dog finding a Portuguese ship on the horizon gearing down on the Constitution. Celebrate Guerrier’s birthday at the USS Constitution Museum today.
3. Saint Anthony's Feast: Opening Ceremonies: The big feast opens tonight with a blessing of the Saint Anthony statue and a short procession at the corner of Thatcher and Endicott Street at 7 p.m. Music and entertainment will begin at 7:30 p.m.
4. Free Fun Fridays at the Boston Harbor Island Alliance: The Highland Street Foundation’s Free Fun Fridays program is offering free admission to the Boston Harbor Island Alliance on Friday today starting at 8 a.m.
5. Free Fun Fridays at the USS Constitution Museum: The Highland Street Foundation’s Free Fun Fridays program will offer free admission to the USS Constitution Museum from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.