Five Things: Flag Day in the Navy Yard
Here are five things you need to know about today.
1. Flag Day in the Navy Yard. On June 16, 2012, join the Constitution Museum and Keith Lockhart, Boston Pops conductor, for a ribbon cutting to open the NEW exhibit, Old Ironsides 1812 Discovery Center. Also on June 16 witness a spectacular patriotic display in the Navy Yard. Three 90 x 45 foot flags representing the United States, Great Britain, and Canada will be unfurled as a reminder of the 200 years of peace between the nations that fought during the War of 1812. The giant flags will stretch across the Navy Yard, from the Constitution Museum towards “Old Ironsides” – 12pm
2. A Last Look at the parade. If you didn't get enough of the parade last weekend, you can still catch a glimpse of it on BNN-TV. Footage of the parade will air twice this weekend, and twice more next week.
3. Copley Square Farmers Market: The Copley Square Farmers Market is open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. tomorrow at Copley Plaza. Approximately 20 vendors will be on hand on opening day offering local and seasonal fruits and vegetables, baked goods, jams & jellies, cheese, meats, and much more. There will be local produce from Atlas Farms, Siena Farms, Silverbrook Farm, and others; baked goods from Danish Pastry House and Sofra; roasted nuts from Fastachi; fresh mozzarella from Fiore Di Nonno; and primo sandwiches from Iggy’s Bread.
4. Relay For Life: The Relay For Life is being held at the Joe Moakley Park at 7:00 p.m. Come celebrate the lives of those who have survived cancer, remember lost loved ones and take a stand against the disease. This event takes place at 100 William J Day Blvd, Boston, MA
5. Bloomsday Celebration: Calling all James Joyce fans! There is a Bloomsday Celebration! Technically, Bloomsday is June 16, so this celebration will go on for two days. Bloomsday is an Irish cultural event of music and drama to celebrate the work of James Joyce. At the Irish International Immigrant Center, 100 Franklin Street, Boston, MA. Suggested donation is $25.00. There is limited seating, so make your reservation by calling (617) 542-7654 ext. 43 or writing firstname.lastname@example.org