Five Things: Dropkick and Tall Ships
Here are five things you need to know about today.
1. Dropkick and tall ships. July 4 celebrations begin tonight with one of Boston's favorite bands (of all time?). Navy Week celebrations continue across the city, as well. If you can't find something great to do today, you're not trying.
2. No neighborhood council meeting tonight. The Charlestown Neighborhood Council takes the summer off. So, their normal first Tuesday meeting this week will not happen. If you're sorely missing the activity, see our update above.
3. reThink INK: 25 Years at Mixit Print Studio: This exhibit is all about the fine art of print making. This free event is being held at the Johnson Lobby, the Changing Exhibits Room, and the Wiggin Gallery at the Central Library in Copley Square during regular library hours.
4. Rock and Blues Concert Cruise: Tall Ships Cruise featuring Bellevue Cadillac and the Evan Goodrow Band: For the eighth season, the Tall Ship Concert Cruise is back. Climb aboard the Provincetown II at the World Trade Center Pier at 200 Seaport Blvd. The cruise goes from 7:15 to 10:15 p.m. Advanced tickets cost $30 and tickets for the day of the show are $35. This is for the 21+ crowd.
5. Free Yoga at the Frog Pond: Open for yogis of all experience backgrounds, classes are held weekly at the Frog Pond. No advanced registration is required, however it is recommended that you bring your own mat. This goes from 6-7 p.m.