Five Things: Comment-Flagging Edition
Here are five things that are going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with showers and possible thunderstorms. The high will reach 75 degrees. The evening will be rainy with a low of 69.
2. Flagging how-to. We have had some readers on the site lately that have been posting things that could politely be called impolite. We know that Charlestown Patch has tended toward a somewhat more lively conversation than other Patch sites, but there are limits to what any community will tollerate. Take a look at our how-to on how you can help enforce those limits.
3. Historical Newspapers Online: Learn to use databases at the BPL which provide access to digitized newspapers from as back as 1690 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. for free.
4. Looking For Jobs Online: The BPL is offering a free course on Career Transitions and other job hunting skills and tips from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
5. In the Arena: The Presidential Election of 1912 in Massachusetts: The Massachusetts Historical Society presents a talk on the presidential election one hundred years ago, which saw the strongest third-party candidate in U.S. history, Theodore Roosevelt from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.