Five Things: Books and Movies in Town Today
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Some More Storms: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a high of 79 with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. The evening looks pretty similar, with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
2. Saint Joseph Feast: The 87th annual Saint Joseph’s Feast starts tonight with live music from 5 to 11 p.m. on the corner of Hanover and Battery Street. The feast goes all weekend and all are welcome.
3. ReadBoston Storymobile visits Charlestown. The ReadBoston Storymobile program provides children with fun storytelling events and free books throuout the summer. Groups are welcome. Best suited for children ages 2 to 8 years old. Reservations are not necessary.
4. Free viewing of "Up." Come visit the Residence Inn for a night of movie fun. Free screenings begin at dusk on the waterfront pier and are open to the public. Popcorn, candy, and beverages will be available!
5. Glass Fridays: On the last Friday of each month, Diablo Studios welcomes the 21 + crowd to a night of wine and glass blowing. Spend three hours in the studio for introductory classes on glass blowing or bead-making. Afterwards, you are invited to watch the demonstration from the studio artists and drink wine with the guests. The glassblowing program costs $95 and the bead-making program costs $75. This event runs from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.