Five Things: Big Weekend for the Constitution
Here are five things going on in and around town.
1. Scorcher: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny Friday with a high of 93 degrees. Thunderstorms/showers in the evening should cool things off to about 69 degrees.
2. Big Weekend for the Constitution. The USS Constitution has a big weekend ahead of it—especially with its first legitimate sail in 15 years—but today through Sunday are packed with other Constitution-centric events as well. Take a look.
3. Fisherman’s Feast: From 5 to 9:15 p.m., there will be live music and good food for sale at 285 North St. Come enjoy the festivities at the North End’s oldest religious feast.
4. Concert in the Courtyard: Ali Amr will perform his blend of traditional Arabic music with jazz and other contemporary styles in the courtyard at the Central Branch of the BPL from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. This free event is presented in partnership with Berklee College of Music.
5. BostonGreenFilmFest: Come to this all day film fest/lecture on healthy food. Chipotle will provide free chips and salsa and a burrito dinner. This free event takes place at 120 Tremont Street, Boston from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.