Five Things: A Donation to Courageous
And a call for Democrats in town.
1. A donation to Courageous. The Friends of the Charlestown Navy Yard donated a new grill to the Courageous Sailing Center recently. See the photo at top right. In the photo: Dave DiLorenzo, Interim Executive Director and Director of Adult Programs; Lois Siegelman, President, Friends of the Charlestown Navy Yard; Daniel Keenan, Fleet Manager, Courageous Sailing Center; Kate Henderson, Director of Youth Programs, Courageous Sailing Center; Dave Whelan, Treasurer, Friends of the Charlestown Navy Yard.
2. Domino’s meeting coming up. Rob Rivard, the franchise owner, and his consultant, Bill Mohan will present their case for a common victualler license to the Licensing Board on Wednesday, July 11. The hearing starts at 10 a.m. in room 809a at City Hall,
3. I need two more Charlestown Democrats. We’re going to send out surveys to five Democrats at the end of the day. We already have three volunteers, but we need two more. Feel like participating?
4. Check out the exhibit Native Voices: New England Tribal Families at the Children's Museum, 308 Congress St., this weekend. You can "explore five thriving New England communities as they work to balance cultural traditions with life in a modern world." 617-426-6500. $12.
5. No break in the heat today, but at least the humidity eases. Expect a high of 85 degrees under sunny skies with no rain.