Chat (Live) with the Mayor's Hotline
Citizens Connect Live has launched -- and now you can also chat live on the web with a City Hall employee.
Today is Wednesday, Nov. 30. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Want to talk to someone at City Hall about a municipal service? You can call them. You can email them. And now, you can also chat live with the. Citizens Connect Live is... live, which means constituents can now get a hold of the Mayor's Hotline through a chat window on the city's website. Just click the "Live--Chat Now" button at www.cityofboston.gov.
2. Tryouts for the CYO basketball team (for 7th and 8th grade boys) are scheduled for this Saturday at the Community Center. Participation is 100 percent free. Want more details? Here you go.
3. Do you feel safe on the MBTA? According to a new report, the number of crimes on trains and subways has spiked. Weigh in on our poll.
4. *Some* people just can't get enough of Boston's mob history. Authors Beverly Ford and Stephanie Schorow are published a new book on Dec. 14: The Boston Mob Guide: Hit Men, Hoodlums & Hideouts. It's a "primer for those who want to know more about the wiles of Whitey Bulger, the murderous rages of Joe 'The Animal' Barboza and the double dealings of Stephen 'The Rifleman' Flemmi." If you're interested, check out their website.
5. Today's forecast: A chance of showers, mainly before 8 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Best November ever?