Former Charlestown Woman Named MWPC President
The Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus works to increase women's involvement in the political process.
[UPDATE Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2:43 p.m.]
Former Charlestown resident Patricia Lynch has been named president of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus 2013 Board of Directors.
Lynch is a founding partner of Lynch & Fierro LLP.
The Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that seeks to increase the civic engagement and empowerment of women of all ages in the political process and to increase the number of women elected and appointed to public office and public policy positions in the Commonwealth.
Also serving on the new executive committee:
- Gail Jackson-Blount, a public relations consultant, will serve as vice president of the board.
- Margaret Hogan, vice president of external relations for Merrimack Valley-based Home Health Foundation, will serve as the board's treasurer.
- Meredith Warren, co-founder of the political consulting/public relations firm, Lyric Consulting, will serve as board secretary.
This year's MWPC Board also added three new members:
- Dr. Elizabeth Childs, an adult, child, and adolescent psychologist and current board member for the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Attorney Samiyah Diaz, an IP litigator with Hayes Gostock & Cronin LLC and a member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and the Board of Directors at Project STEP
- Marjorie O’Malley, Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Berklee College of Music
These three new members join a diverse, distinguished group of women dedicated to women's political parity: Kate Anderson, Elena Ayot, Amy Seybold Burke, Julie Burns, Marianne Connolly, Jody Dow (Board member emeritus), Jennifer R. Dunphy, Joyce Ferriabough-Bolling, Michelle Haynes, Suzanne Lee, Michelle McGee, Dolores Mitchell (Board member emeritus), Ann Murphy, Pam Nourse, Lora Pellegrini, Lauren Stiller Rikleen, and Alex Zaroulis.