Charlestown Live Pays Tribute to Peter Looney
A few of Peter's dearest friends will lead tonight's show -- and take calls from anyone in the neighborhood who wants to share their thoughts and memories.
Today is Thursday, Aug. 18. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. There will be a special Charlestown Live airing this evening: a tribute to Peter Looney. Host Kathy Giordano will be joined by Billy Boyle and Leo Breen, two of Peter's closest friends. Others are invited to call in at 617-708-3290 during the live broadcast and share their thoughts and memories of Peter. The show airs live on BNN-TV Comcast Channel 9 and RCN Channel 15 on Thursdays from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
2. This week Patriot-Bridge will also feature a tribute to Peter Looney. Should be out today -- full of reader-submitted photos, letters and comments about the amazing work Peter did for the community. Be sure to pick one up.
3. I saw this in our events calendar for tomorrow and it caught my eye: Dock Yoga. From 6 to 7 p.m. tonight, Alexandra Curtiss will lead a Vinyasa flow class at Paul Revere Park (behind the HarborView building). Cost is $15 per person, cash only. You can email her for more details: email@example.com.
4. Three years ago, developers pitched the idea of a giant residential tower on top of Copley Plaza. Looks like they're taking the next step to pursue the plan. Check out the story in South End Patch.
5. Another stunning day: Sunny with a high near 84. Chance of showers overnight.
For more info on what's happening around the neighborhood, visits our events calendar.