5 Things: Waterfront Meeting, Scholarship Available
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on March 6 in Charlestown.
1. Rain and snow: Today will be mostly cloudy and breezy, with wind gusts up to 45 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. Snow showers are possible in the morning before 9 a.m., then rain. Rain will continue into the evening, with snow likely after 10 p.m. High: 42, Low: 33.
2. Waterfront meeting: The Charlestown Waterfront Coalition meets at Building 114 (114 16th St.) at 7 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month.
3. Toddler story time: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library will host a story time for children under 2 years old and their participating adult caregivers today at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, rhymes and sing-a-longs. This program is free.
4. Scholarship available: Applications are now being accepted for the $5,000 Michael P. Quinn Scholarship, which is awarded every June. Applicants must have lived in Charlestown for the past four years and be a graduate with the Class of 2013. Recipients may use the scholarship during the first year of college only. For more information, call Ronan J. FitzPatrick at 617-242-5493. The deadline to apply is April 8.
5. Lions Club: The Charlestown Lions Club meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Zelma Lacey House. For more information, call Rosemary Kverek at 617-242-3716.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."