5 Things: Warren-Prescott Play, Softball Signups
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on March 8 in Charlestown.
1. More snow: Snow showers are likely today before 1 p.m., then rain, according to the National Weather Service. A mix of rain and snow are possible tonight. High: 37, Low 28. Weekend forecast: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 40s.
2. The Little Mermaid Jr.: The Warren-Prescott School in Charlestown will present Disney's “The Little Mermaid Jr.” tonight at 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, March 9 and 10, at 2 p.m. at the school auditorium. Tickets cost $8 each and will be sold 30 minutes before each performance.
3. Softball signups: Register for Charlestown Girls Softball’s 2013 summer season on Sunday, March 10 between 1 and 4 p.m. at the Mishawum Hall on Dunstable Street. The program is open to girls ages 5 to 18, and new players are welcome. Registration costs $75 per player. For more information, call Jack Schievink at 617-201-4507 or Mary Boucher at 617-308-4108.
4. On sale now: Tickets go on sale today for two major music events in Boston. Though the first Legends of Summer show at Fenway Park, featuring Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake, has sold out, tickets go on sale today for a second show, to be held Aug. 11. Tickets range from $64.50 to $250. In addition, tickets go on sale today for the inaugural Boston Calling Music Festival, to be held at City Hall Plaza on May 25-26. Featured performers will include Fun, The Shins and 16 others. A one-day pass costs $75; a weekend pass costs $130.
5. Boot camp classes: Ultimate Bootcamp is holding free basics classes on Monday, March 11 at 6 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and Monday, April 1 at 6:30 p.m. at Paul Revere Park in Charlestown. The classes are free for first-time attendees; advance registration is required. Learn more and register online at ultimatebootcamp.com.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."