5 Things: Toddler Stories, BPD on TV
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 27 in Charlestown.
1. Rainy: Today will be rainy and breezy, with patchy fog throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service. High: 39, Low: 36.
2. Toddler story time: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library will host a story time for children under 2 years old and their participating adult caregivers today at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, rhymes and sing-a-longs. This program is free.
3. Boston on TNT: Donnie Wahlberg’s new reality show “Boston’s Finest” will premiere tonight at 9 p.m. on TNT (Channel 32). The unscripted series follows men and women from the Boston Police Department as they go about their business around the city.
4. Civil Service exam: Speaking of BPD, if you’ve ever thought about becoming a police officer, now’s a good time to start. Massachusetts' Civil Service Exam for police officers and state troopers is being offered on April 20 at various locations around the state. The cost is $100 per person, and the deadline to apply is March 18. Learn more and download an application at mass.gov/civilservice.
5. International Women’s Day: Boston area women are invited to attend the city’s International Women’s Day Celebration on Friday, March 8 at Simmons College (300 The Fenway). A suggested donation of $6 per person includes a light continental breakfast and an informative discussion on the issue of women and hunger. RSVP by Monday, March 4 at http://iwd2013.eventbrite.com.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."