5 Things To Know Today in Charlestown: Nov. 29
On this week's Charlestown Live, airing at 6:30 p.m., Diane Grant and Abby Gray will discuss the upcoming Holiday Stroll.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny but windy, with a high near 43 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low around 25.
2. Nearen Row project: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council will review a proposed project at 3 Nearen Row involving a change to the existing roof line today at 6 p.m. in the community room of the 100 Ferrin St. Senior Center. This meeting is being held in anticipation of a Zoning Board of Appeals hearing scheduled for Dec. 18.
3. Charlestown Live: Today’s Charlestown Live program will feature host Diane Grant with guest Abby Gray discussing the Green Square Mile of Energy Initiative and this year's Holiday Stroll, coming up on Saturday, Dec. 1. Watch the show live today at 6:30 p.m. on BNN-TV Channel 9, RCC Channel 15 or on the Web at www.bnntv.org.
4. Toys for Tickets: Starting today and running through Saturday, Dec. 1, Boston residents can get out of paying any non-public safety parking ticket they receive by donating a new toy to the city’s annual toy drive. The toys are distributed to families in need throughout Boston’s neighborhoods. For details, including exchange locations, see this story.
5. Shopping with a Cause: On Nov. 29 and 30 from 4-9 p.m., a $5 donation to a local charity will get you discounts to various stores, restaurants and attractions at the Shops at Prudential Center (800 Boylston St.). Proceeds go to the following charities: Elizabeth Stone House, Room to Grow, The Boston Bruins Foundation and Women's Lunch Place. Learn more about this and other events at the Pru (including Santa Claus visits) here.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”