5 Things To Know Today in Charlestown: Nov. 27
The neighborhood will be featured on WCVB's 'Chronicle' tonight.
1. Snow: The National Weather Service is predicting snow before 1 p.m. today, then a chance of rain, with otherwise cloudy skies and a high near 40 degrees. More snow is possible this evening, mainly after midnight, with a low around 30. Little to no snow accumulation is expected.
2. Charlestown on “Chronicle”: Charlestown will be featured on tonight’s edition of WCVB-TV’s “Chronicle,” airing at 7:10 p.m. on Channel 5. Locals Tom Cuhna and Tony V will talk about their hometown and explain the difference between a “townie” and a “toonie,” according to the WCVB website.
3. More holiday events: Downtown Boston is lighting up for the holiday season this week. The Copley Square tree lighting ceremony will be held tonight from 5-6 p.m., while the Commonwealth Avenue Mall and Boston Common holiday tree will light up on Thursday during a ceremony starting at 6 p.m.
4. Giving Tuesday: Looking for a way to celebrate the season of giving? There are lots of opportunities to donate your time, money or otherwise in and around Charlestown. Check out our list and share information about other opportunities in the comments, or email ideas to email@example.com.
5. Grief support: Beacon Hospice is offering several free grief and loss support groups at its Charlestown location, including one for young adults and others focused on coping with loss through the holidays. Most groups are already underway; for information about joining, contact Diane Christopherson, bereavement coordinator, at 857-294-0052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”