5 Things To Know Today in Charlestown: Nov. 20
Help Harvest on the Vine Food Pantry feed local families this Thanksgiving.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts today will be sunny with a high near 49 degrees. The evening will be cloudy with a low around 37.
2. Democrat meeting: All Democrats in good standing are invited to attend the Charlestown Democratic Ward Committee meeting today at 7 p.m. at Old Sully's, 55 Union St., Charlestown. There are currently several vacanices on the CDWC; individuals who are interested in joining should email email@example.com.
3. Help feed local families: Harvest on Vine Emergency Food Pantry will be distributing Thanksgiving baskets to about 600 families this afternoon. Each basket includes everything a family will need for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The food pantry needs help with the costs of the baskets and welcomes donations of any size. To contribute, send donations to: Harvest on Vine Food Pantry, Thanksgiving Baskets, St. Mary - St. Catherine of Sienna Parish, 46 Winthrop St. Charlestown, MA 02129 or drop them off at the parish office.
4. Project Bread's Strike Out Hunger Bowl-a-thon: Lace up your bowling shoes and help Project Bread strike out hunger at 5:30 p.m. at Jillian's, 145 Ipswich St. (near Fenway). The event was rescheduled because of Hurricane Sandy. Cost of admission is $20. Register at www.projectbread.org/strikeouthunger.
5. ABCD Needs Volunteers: The nonprofit Action for Boston Community Development is looking for volunteers to help low-income Boston residents get free tax preparation assistance. You can make a difference in someone's life by saving thousands of dollars in tax preparation fees.