5 Things To Know Today in Charlestown: Nov. 16
Enter Patch's Facebook cover photo contest by noon for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 49. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 35.
2. CNC Election Saturday: Because there's no "5 Things" on Saturday mornings, this is a reminder to all Charlestown residents ages 18 and up that you can vote in the Charlestown Neighborhood Association election on Saturday, Nov. 17 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus hall, 545 Medford St.
3. Photo contest deadline: Today's the last day to enter our Facebook cover photo contest. Charlestown Patch readers are invited to upload their favorite photo of the neighborhood to our contest gallery by noon for a chance to win a $50 gift card and the honor of having your photo at the top of the Charlestown Patch Facebook page. Next week, readers can vote for their favorite photo and help pick the winner.
4. CHAD's first Turkey Trot: Runners of all ages are invited to participate in Charlestown Against Drugs' first Turkey Trot Kids Races this Saturday, Nov. 17 beginning at 10 a.m. at the track and field next to the Charlestown Community Center. There is no entrance fee; sign up on the day of the race. And bring your Thankgiving dinner-themed food donations to help out Charlestown’s Harvest on Vine Food Pantry.
5. Celebrate small business: Next week is a big one for businesses around the city, with the holiday shopping season kicking off on Black Friday followed immediately by Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. In light of all that, Charlestown Patch wants to help promote and celebrate the small businesses in Charlestown. If you're a business owner, tell us about a special sale, deal or event you have coming up, and we'll help spread the word. If you're a local resident, tell us about your favorite businesses in town: Where do you shop, get your oil changed, have your hair cut, grab lunch or otherwise? Email your deals and declarations to email@example.com or share them in the comments section below.