5 Things: Taste of Italy, Mask Making and Free Parking
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 14 in Charlestown.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a light wind, according to the National Weather Service. High: 42, Low: 32.
2. Taste of Italy: Olivia Browning of Charlestown will hold a gourmet tasting event with Conti Tuscany Flavours from Florence, Italy. Ten percent of the day’s sales will be donated to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.
3. Lenten mission: Saint Mary-Saint Catherine of Siena Parish is hosting an evening of socializing and reflection on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. throughout the Lenten season. The first gathering will be held tonight, with additional meetings on Feb. 21 and 28 and March 7, 14 and 21.
4. African mask making: In celebration of Black History Month, Boston Public Library’s Charlestown Branch is holding a free craft session today at 4:30 p.m. Children are invited to come create a paper mache mask with Behind the Mask Studio artists. The program is limited to 24 participants; email email@example.com to reserve a place.
5. Free parking: In celebration of Valentine’s Day, and in an effort to help Boston businesses catch up on missed opportunities during the blizzard weekend, Mayor Thomas Menino is offering free parking at all city meters throughout the day.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."