5 Things: Spaulding, School Assignment Meetings
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 4 in Charlestown.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny and windy, with gusts up to 28 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 35, Low: 18.
2. Spaulding Rehab update: The community is invited to come hear the most up-to-date plans as Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital transitions from construction to operational mode during a coordination meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the Constitution Inn.
3. Coffee talk: State Rep. Eugene O’Flaherty holds office hours every first and third Monday of the month from 11 a.m. to noon at Zumes Coffee House, 223 Main St., Charlestown.
4. School assignment meeting: Boston Public Schools External Advisory Committee will discuss the new school assignment proposals at a public meeting scheduled today from 6-8 p.m. at Orchard Gardens K-8 School, 906 Albany St., Boston.
5. Pan-Mass signups: Registration is now open for the Pan-Mass Challenge. Now in its 34th year, the annual cross-commonwealth bike-a-thon raises money for cancer research and treatment programs at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. There are routes for all age and skill level, ranging from 27 miles to 111 miles. For more information or to register, visit pmc.org.