5 Things: Shuttle Service and Coffee Talk
Deadlines, events and other items should know about today, Dec. 17, in Charlestown.
1. Rainy: Expect showers and patchy fog before 1 p.m., with more showers possible in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 45, Low: 41.
2. Shuttle services: Looking to stock the shelves for relatives that are coming to visit for the holidays? Take advantage of the free shuttle services offered by several area supermarkets. Today, Stop and Shop runs a shuttle from the Bunker Hill Mall to its Medford store between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Click here for a full schedule of today’s stops and services offered throughout the week.
3. Charlestown Live: If you missed the latest Charlestown Live episode, there’s another chance to watch today at 10:30 a.m. Tune in to BNN-TV Channel 9, RCC Channel 15 or on the Web at www.bnntv.org. This week's program features host Dan Ryan with guests Colin Walsh, varsity football head coach, and Leo Boucher, varsity basketball head coach at St. Clement Catholic High School in Medford.
4. Coffee talk: Rep. Eugene O’Flaherty holds office hours every first and third Monday of the month from 11 a.m. to noon at Zume's Coffee House, 223 Main St.
5. Holiday Market: Still have some holiday shopping to do? The fourth annual Downtown Boston Holiday Market, located on Summer Street in the Downtown Crossing area, features new artisan vendors each week, along with appearances from Santa and musical performances. The Market is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Mondays through Saturdays and from 11 a .m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”