5 Things: Shamrockah Down Sully's, Princess Party
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on March 15 in Charlestown.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 41 degrees and a low around 29, according to the National Weather Service. Weekend forecast: Possible rain on Saturday with a high near 40 and a low around 28; Sunday will be mostly sunny with a high near 39 and a low around 31.
2. Shamrockah Down Sully’s: The Townies Association is hosting a fundraiser for the Bunker Hill Day Parade tonight from 8 p.m. to midnight at Sullivan's Pub. The Shamrockah Down Sully's will feature live traditional Irish music from Stuart Peak & the Bowling Brothers, step dancing from the Woods School of Irish Dance and live entertainment by DJ Jackie Kelly. There is a suggested donation of $5.
3. Princess party: Bring your little princess to the Charlestown Branch Library today from 2:30-4 p.m. for stories, songs and a craft, plus a talk about princess manners. Email email@example.com or talk to librarian Laura Miller to reserve a place.
4. Swim meet: The Charlestown Community Center will host its final home swim meet of the season tonight at 5:30 p.m. The Charlestown team will be competing against teams from other Boston Centers for Youth and Families centers around the area. Drop by and cheer on the local team.
5. Volunteer coaches needed: Charlestown Youth Soccer Association is looking for a few volunteer soccer coaches for their upcoming spring season. Practices are held at Charlestown High School two evenings per week, and the teams have games on Saturdays March 25 through June 15. For information, contact Debbie Evans at 617-306-8631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."