5 Things: Sen. DiDomenico Meetup, Trivia Deadline
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 15 in Charlestown.
1. Partly sunny: Today will be partly sunny with clouds moving in toward the evening and a slight chance of snow after 3 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 48, Low: 29. Chance of precipitation: 20 percent. Weekend forecast: Possible snow Saturday morning, then rain and snow again after 10 p.m., with a high of 41 and a low of 16. Sunday will be sunny but cold, with a high of 27 and a low of 13.
2. Senator office hours: State Senator Sal DiDomenico, who represents Charlestown and the rest of the Middlesex and Suffolk District in Massachusetts, will hold local office hours today from 9:30-11 a.m. at Zume’s Coffee House. Drop by to visit with the senator or a member of his staff. DiDomenico can be reached anytime at his State House office at 617-722-1280 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Triva team deadline: Today is the last day to sign up a team to compete in Bunker Hill Associates’ first Trivia Night, scheduled March 2 at the Knights of Columbus Hall. All proceeds will benefit the Associates' annual grant program for Charlestown youth organizations. Teams can be 6-8 people; entry fee is $25 per person. For more information, call Maureen Collier at 617-838-0725 or Kathy “Cookie” Giordano at 617-447-1406.
4. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations Saturday, Feb. 16 through Sunday, Feb. 17. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
5. Boat show: The 2013 Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show opens this weekend at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (415 Summer St.). The show is open Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Monday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Check out the event listing for more dates and other details. For tickets, visit NewEnglandBoatShow.com.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."