5 Things: Sailing Center Request, Baby Bounce
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 30 in Charlestown.
1. Warming up: Today will be cloudy with a chance of showers, according to the National Weather Service. More showers and a thunderstorm are possible in the evening. Some storms could produce heavy rainfall and strong winds, with gusts up to 38 miles per hour. High: 57, Low: 47.
2. Sailing center request: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council will hold a Basic Services Committee meeting today at 7 p.m. at the Constitution Inn, third floor conference room, to discuss the Courageous Sailing Center's request for a seasonal entertainment license for its facility on Pier 4 in the Navy Yard. The sailing center is looking to increase the number of nighttime events from 10 to 13 for the 2013 summer season.
3. You and Me, Baby: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library is offering a story, rhyme and bounce time for children under 2 years old accompanied by an adult on Wednesdays at 10:45 a.m. The free program will also run on Feb. 6 and 13.
4. Kindergarten signups: Don’t miss out! The first round of registration for kindergarten, sixth and ninth grades in Boston Public Schools ends Feb. 1. Registration can be conducted at Family Resource Centers in East Boston, Dorchester, Roxbury and Roslindale.
5. Comedy show: Tickets are now available for Charlestown Youth Hockey’s annual Comedy Night fundraiser, scheduled Sunday, Feb. 17 at the Knights of Columbus hall. Tony V. will headline, along with a “star-studded lineup of comedians.” Tickets cost $25 each or $200 for a table of 10. To purchase, contact a Youth Hockey board member (contact info at cyha.com).
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."