5 Things: Rutherford Ave. Meeting, Charlestown Live
Five things you should know about today, Dec. 6, in Charlestown.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a high near 41 degrees and a low around 29, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Rutherford Avenue meeting: The Boston Transportation Department will hold a public meeting about improvements to the Rutherford Avenue and Austin Street intersection tonight from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus on Medford Street. The BTD is looking for citizen input to select a design for the project, which is part of ongoing efforts to redesign the Rutherford Avenue corridor.
3. On TV: Today on Charlestown Live, host Diane Grant will talk with chef Amanda McCabe of the Charlestown Gourmet. From " Taste of the Week" to a party for 100, she is full of ideas and solutions for your next culinary adventure. The show will air at 6:30 pm on BNN-TV channel 9, RCC channel 15 or on the web at www.bnntv.org.
4. Coats for kids: Do you know a child in need of a winter coat? Sign them up for Charlestown Against Drug’s Christmas for Kids coat drive. Forms can be picked up at the Boston Police station on Vine Street or at the BHA Bunker Hill, CharlesNEWtown and Mishawum management offices for residents of those developments. Deadline to sign up is Monday, Dec. 10.
5. Santa's in town: Bring your kids to meet the big jolly man himself, at The Shops at the Prudential Center now through Dec. 24. A variety of photo packages are available, starting at $19.99. Click here for more details.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”